The Township of North Dundas is
now accepting applications for the position of
MANAGER OF MUNICIPAL ENFORCEMENT SERVICES
(Permanent Full Time)
(Salary: $62,593 to $73,209)
The Manager of Municipal Enforcement Services is responsible for the enforcement of all Township of North Dundas regulatory by-laws including (but not limited to) parking, noise, signs, property standards, clean yards, setting of open fires, site alteration, zoning, and is responsible for the Emergency Management Program.
This position is also responsible for management of part-time By-law Officers, including assignment of tasks, coordination of training and supervision, investigations and file processing. Duties include updating Township By-laws where appropriate and interpreting and applying relevant legislation, policies and procedures to take appropriate action to gain compliance.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Post secondary education in Police Foundations, Law and Security Education, Public Safety or equivalent combination of education and experience; Municipal Law Enforcement Officer Certified (M.L.E.O. (C)) from the Municipal Law Enforcement Officers' Association (MLEOA); and Property Standards Officer Certification. A Community Emergency Management Coordinator (CEMC) designation from Emergency Management Ontario, along with Basic Emergency Management (BEM) and Certificates in Animal Enforcement would be assets.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in municipal government;
- Superior verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Good understanding of municipal government, its operations and services;
- Good understanding of general investigative techniques;
- Good knowledge of municipal law enforcement, litigation practices and procedures;
- Good knowledge of provincial statutes, regulations and local by-laws;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Good knowledge of MTO AMPS processes;
- Other assets and disciplines that would augment the required skill set are: Bilingualism, Municipal Experience, Conflict Resolution, Technical Writing, Legal Courses, Law Enforcement Experience, WHMIS Training, Animal Enforcement Training, Health and Safety Certification, Aggressive Dog training, Baton training, Hoarders training on recognizing and dealing with hoarders, and Marijuana (cannabis) grow ops and meth labs training.
- The Township of North Dundas is committed to providing superior customer service. As such, communication skills are a primary requirement, including the ability to provide clear and concise updates on open files, frequent reports on the status of the By-law division and to clearly articulate By-law enforcement matters to the public. In addition, advanced report writing skills are required.
Work involves walking outside with exposure to various temperatures, inclement weather including rain and snow, usually in a work alone situation. Work involves travelling in a vehicle, typically locally, to other Municipal buildings or off-site locations. Mental effort is required when defusing situations and coming up with creative solutions to situations. Physical effort required when walking on uneven surfaces, removing signs, and heavy items.
This is a full time position (35 hours/week) and may include some evening or weekend hours. A valid Ontario Class G licence is required. We offer an excellent benefit package and pension plan, as well as a dynamic work environment.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their cover letter and resume by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, July 9, 2018 using either of the following options:
By mail to: 636 St. Lawrence Street, PO Box 489, Winchester, Ontario or email: email@example.com
To view the full job description, please visit our website at: www.northdundas.com
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication
supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only for candidate selection.